All Gemini 1 Features +
- Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions
- Hand controller supports English, Spanish, French and German
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and
slewing on both the touch screen and real tactile membrane
- Support for the original four-button controller (Losmandy Part # HC)-Not on the New Gemini-2 Mini Version.
- For GM8, G-11, Titan, Titan 50, Titan HGM and MI-250 mounts.
- Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function, with future support for Alt/AZ mounts.
- 8°/sec Slew Rate (GM8).
- 0.5 arc-sec positional accuracy.
- DC Servos for improved accuracy with higher torque than stepper motors
supports both the original Losmandy motors, Maxom Motors, and the new
high torque Losmandy motors.
- GPS-compatible with optional receiver.
- Stand-alone system. No PC required!
- Ethernet 10/100 with full DHCP/Static IP functionality permits operation
from anywhere using a browser, or any ASCOM based application using the
ASCOM.net driver with the new web based interface. (IVP4 only).
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock.
- Both Hand controller and Main unit uses micro-SDcards (2gbyte recommended
up to 32Gbyte max, SD and SDHC types supported).
- Two Serial ports with +/-50V ground loop isolation. ( Com 2 is used
for Graphics Hand Controller - set it to 57600 baud.)
- Two USB ports; (USB-B, marked USB is functional now. USB-A for
future support. USB-B has Windows driver producing a Virtual COM to PC, for
connection by ASCOM or planetarium program.
- Port E - end sensor support.
- Port F - multi-function serial; A/D I/O (Feature Port)
- Firmware upgrade via Ethernet, FTP or removing, programing and replacing the micro-SDcards,
or the new Gemini Firmware Updater program (Requires Ethernet and
- User programmable star catalogs for both hand controller and Web based interface.
- Android and I-Phone web control interface.
- PEC correction. Can save and restore PEC curves to micro-SDcards
- Auto-Guide port (TTL). ST4 Compatible
- Dual 12~18V DC input/output Jacks (3.0A) (Original Gemini-2 only. Mini version only has one jack.)
- Web interface (only with Ethernet) that provides all functions
of the hand controller and more.
- With the new L5.1 Firmware and the new Servo Firmware, the Gemini-2 will be able to talk to the servo chips.
The servo lags and PWM duty cycles are now available in real-time over the serial interface and a new Servo web page.
Also, L5.1 supports Alt/Az mounts.
- The New 5.2 Firmware added the following features.
- Hand controller now shows low battery warning.
- PEC now has a checkbox that can start it with tracking.
- The Graphics on the newer Hand Controller can be inverted so the cord comes out the top.
- New Store SRAM/Retreave commands added to the hand controller menus