The Version 2 of the Gemini-2
Inside the New Gemini-2 V2
- The new unit is physically smaller than the original
Gemini-2, hence the name Gemini-2 Mini.
- The new unit has only one power connector.
- The Classic hand controller jack has been eliminated.
They say the new hand control they sell has the same version of
the switches that is on the back of the Graphics hand control,
so no need for a Classic Hand Controller Jack.
- The DEC and RA connectors have been rotated 90 degrees, so
that right angle connectors if used will not interfere with
- The PCB has been completely redesigned, with all the latest
- The front panel connectors have been totally rearranged.
- The Serial Port 1 now has been relabeled "Serial Port/GPS"
- The Serial Port 2 now has been relabeled "HC"
- The new unit battery has been changed to the readily available
CR2450 which has a slightly higher mAH rating than the previous CR2354.
The holder has been changed to something much less damaging to
one's finger nails. The cell snaps into place, and releases with a simple move.
changing CR2450 battery movie.
- The Din connectors are now rock solid and do not suffer pin
- See how the Web interface works.
here to see an explanation of the Front Panel pinouts and